- Check the tour listings to make sure the tour you want is not sold out.
- Get permission from your host family, school, and exchange program to travel.
- Fill out the Deposit Form online. You will receive an confirmation email within 1 business day. (you may register phone or fax, or mail, but the process takes much longer). If you you have not sent money yet, you are not on the trip list.
- Complete the tour Reservation (permission)Form and send it to Explore America Tours at least 30 days before the tour begins with your outstanding tour payment.
- Find the best price for an airline ticket either with a local travel agency, on the Internet, or with Explore America Tours. For best rates, do this at least 30 days in advance.
* You may sign up late, if there is still room on the tour, but your airline ticket may cost more.
What is Included
- Airport meet and greet with hotel transfers
- Hotel Accommodations (4 per room, 2 per bed)
- Transportation in air-conditioned luxury coaches
- Breakfast and dinner daily
- Entrance fees to attractions listed in itineraries
- Professional tour staff and chaperones for duration of tour
- All Taxes and tips
What is Not Included
- Airfare to and from host community
- Transportation to and from the airport in your host community
- Personal spending money
Book early, these tours fill up fast
Send in your deposit form and $100.00 payment as soon as you know which tour you want to join, or call to pay-by-phone with your credit card.
Pay in Installments, It's OK!
Once you have paid your $100.00 deposit, you can send the remaining tour payment in several installments. Please remember that all tours must be fully paid 30 days before the tour date.
You can pay for your tour and airline ticket with Visa, Mastercard, American Express, check, traveler's checks, money order, cashier's checks. Do not send cash.
Airplane tickets, get one soon!
Do not wait until the last minute to buy your airline ticket, as they are more expensive that way. You can book with a local travel agency, on the internet, or with Explore America Tours. Call our office to find out our lowest rates. Please remember, your air ticket must arrive and depart from the designated airport, at the specified times.
What about Roommates?
On all of our tours the rooms are quad occupancy, this means you will have three roommates (all same gender). If you do not have three friends you want to share with, do not worry - 70% of the students on tour do not know anybody before they arrive. We will room you with other fun students. If your Reservation (permission) form arrives after the deadline, we cannot guarantee your request.
Bringing an American Friend?
You may bring an american friend - as long as they are in high school.
If you cancel more than 45 days before the tour date, you will receive a full refund, less a $25 processing fee. If you cancel between 30-45 days before the tour, there will be a $100.00 cancellation fee. If you cancel between 1-30 days before the tour date, there will be no refund.
Refunds on your airline tickets are your responsibility, and you will need to contact the airline directly.
Most tickets are non-refundable.